peaceful and non violent culture
to promote peaceful conflict transformation through youth by working towards building an environment that is suitable for sustainable development.
1. Promote peaceful resolution of conflict among youths and communities as a whole trough dialogue, debates, negotiation, mediation, theatre among others
2. Integrete training in non-violent conflict resolution skills within youths' extra-curricular activities in schools and other informal youth groups.
3. Bridge any communication gaps existing between the youth and their elders.
4. Create Awareness among youths on the alternative available towards resolution of conflicts and the possibilities of having and maintaining peace relations within the community.
5. Create awareness and involving adults, teachers, parents, guardians in activities that foster non-violence among youths
6. Encourages youths to start peace and reconciliation clubs through which they can interact analyse, develop and practice conflict resolution methods that are non-violent.
7. Promote the necessary link between the youth and modern IT for peace work.
8. Promote gender equility and the empowerment of women as effective ways to combat injustice, violence, poverty, hunger and diseases.
Karamoja Youth Facilitators Development Project
The project kicked off in March 2008 starting with the orientation and critical understanding of what was and is expected of the project team.
Dates were then planned to go and do an assessment and stakeholder meetings in the project districts of Moroto and Nakapiripirit in Karamoja sub region as well in Soroti and Kumi district that hosts the coordination office.